posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Alan Adams Alan Adams is offline

Default explain

In message
steen bondo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm translating 5 Star Test doc into Danish.

Please explain "the effect of relief" - my dictionary doesn't help me in
figuring out if it means a raise, a drop or variation in barometric
pressure (that I believe it's got to do with)

I'm guessing relief is used as it is in Geography, to mean the changes
in height across a landscape. The effect of increase in height is of
course reduced barometric pressure, so there is a link.

Likewise for "line squalls" (thunderstorms?)

I know what I think it means, but I'm not confident, so I'll leave
somebody else to answer that one.

hilsen / regards

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire