Ryk Ryk is offline

Default Yankee 30 MK 111

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 23:56:12 -0800, in message

Gordon wrote:

Have the subject boat and getting ready to single hand to the south
pacific. Boat is basic with the 3 typical headsails in good shape. I'm
debating adding roller furler reefing or staying with the basics.
What say you all for an old (65) single hander?

As a not so old, sometimes single-hander, I would say get the roller
furling. Doing foredeck work in the dark in a blow is bad enough with
somebody intelligent on the helm. When I'm alone I especially
appreciate my furler.

Ryk