Moonshadow Moonshadow is offline

Default Old mechanical VDO Sumlog

wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have an old mechanical VDO sumlog. Last season the inner cable
broke.

My question is, how is the cable connected to the impeller? It seems
to be quite a solid connection and so far no amoutn of checking has
revealed a way to remove the cable.

Any pointers would eb greatly appreciated.

Matt

P.S. If anyone is aware of a manual that can be accessed via the web,
that might help too.

The end of the cable is crimped in the factory to a square cross section.
A pressed metal square section bushing is molded into the last (ie.
pointy) inch or so of the impeller.
The cable end is normally an easy fit in the bushing, and normally
slides easily in or out of it but can not rotate within it.
It sounds to me like corrosion has seized the cable into the bushing.
Take care removing the broken cable from the impeller - the impellers
are no longer available as far as I can ascertain.