bb

Default energy policy

Ok, this isn't really off topic as the bulk of the boating discussed
on this group is by boats dependent on fuel.

I can't say I'm happy about either parties energy policy.

Bush? Clearly in the pocket of the oil interests.

Kerry? Open up the strategic oil reserves to lower prices. That
sounds just a bit like pandering for votes rather than facing the
issue. I've heard much whining about Kerry's vote for increased fuel
taxes. Well, if we'd begun ratcheting up the cost of fuel gradually
over they years to make conservation make sense, we wouldn't be in
this jamb, and the budget wouldn't be nearly as out of whack.

How about some long term plan to solve a problem that clearly isn't
going away. As much as people like to trash Carter, he at least had
the balls to do what was in the best interest of the country afa
energy policy goes.

You want to fight middle east supported terrorism? Severely
restricting the flow of cash to that region would be a good start.
We, as a country, have decided it's our right to have 90# women
driving SUVs the size of school buses. As long as we don't have any
will power when it comes to energy use, we'll have our citizens
fighting and dying to preserve our wasteful ways.

bb