Jeff Jeff is offline

Default wondering .. do you have a TV on board? How ....

KLC Lewis wrote:
There is at least one really good reason for having a TV aboard, at least
for coastal and/or Great Lakes sailing: Weather Reports. Here in Green Bay,
where storms can pop up with little or no notice and travel 30 miles per
hour, it's nice to be able to tune into the local news and see what's
developing on doppler radar. Our official NWS reports on VHF are usually
(or at least too often) so wrong as to be laughable, if not dangerous.

TV weather reports used to be my excuse for having a TV. And there's
nothing like a good in-depth report from a high quality weatherperson,
as we tend to have in New England. However, for fast moving
situations, I've come to rely on cell phone and now BlackBerry
browsers, which can display the up to date nexrad picture.