Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default wondering .. do you have a TV on board? How ....

Gogarty wrote:

In article ,
says...

I hate earphones (also hearing impaired but not as much as my
husband). We just put the captions on the TV. Then we can have the
sound off and still know what is going on.

Not too helpful if it's a musical performance you want to watch.

In the case of music, you don't have to watch so much. And for the
hearing impaired, it isn't as critical to understand what is going on
when it is music. If you miss a note or a phrase, you aren't saying
"What? What did he say?" You probably won't even notice that you are
missing all the top (higher) notes in the music unless you are really
profoundly deaf to where you can only feel the vibration of the bass
line in your feet.

I still hate earphones - if they are loud enough to hear, the sound
hurts my ears. (I'm deafer in one ear than the other.) And if the
sound hurts my ears, it is too loud.

With captions (since they usually lag), if I miss a word I can usually
look up and catch it. (Bob won't tell me because it annoys him that I
am using the computer or something while I 'watch' TV and he thinks
that if I paid attention, I'd know what was going on.)