KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default wondering .. do you have a TV on board? How ....

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Since I don't have a "big screen" at home ....... a little screen on board
should be ok ... right?

I checked around and the dvd players are selling for $50 bucks ( that is
the price on the black Friday flyer ).

I clicked on a web site that said the battery should go 6 hours. Some of
them do battery packs, so you can bring two all powered up when you leave
for a cruise.

I also have a cd/am/fm/ stereo on board. I am adding a laptop for the
boat. Haven't bought it yet. The laptop will be used for navigation as
well as goofing.

With so much out there for sale, check ebay, why not?

Still must sail the boat though.

There is at least one really good reason for having a TV aboard, at least
for coastal and/or Great Lakes sailing: Weather Reports. Here in Green Bay,
where storms can pop up with little or no notice and travel 30 miles per
hour, it's nice to be able to tune into the local news and see what's
developing on doppler radar. Our official NWS reports on VHF are usually
(or at least too often) so wrong as to be laughable, if not dangerous.