Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default wondering .. do you have a TV on board? How ....

Gogarty wrote:

In article ,
says...

We have a 20" Sharp Aquos flat screen attached to a VCR and DVD player. I'd
like more audio (hearing loss), but it's a great set up.

I am pretty deaf too (or is that "hearing impaired"?). May I suigest to you a
set of infrared wireless earphones? A little transmitter goes on top of the TV
and you wear the earphones, which have volume control. Anywhere you can see
the TV you can hear it too. They have saved my sanity and our marriage. Wife
can play the TV at whatever level she likes or even turn the speakers off. I
can listen to it at any level I want without disturbing anyone else. We have
two sets, one for the boat and one for home. In winter the boat set becomes
the bedroom set. The transmitter has a wall wart while the earphones run on
two AA batteries. I think they cost around $30 mail order. Wife buys them.

I hate earphones (also hearing impaired but not as much as my
husband). We just put the captions on the TV. Then we can have the
sound off and still know what is going on.

There is also a radio frequency set that broadcasts on the 9 MZ band (I
think). With the4se you don't have to be line of sight to the TV but can hear
it anywhere within range. But we found them very subject to interference and
sent them back.

Still on deafness, gave up on zillion dollar hearing aids long ago. Have a
drawer full of them. I now use a $10 gadget that fits in my shirt pocket and
connects to earphones. Everybody walks around with earphones these days so you
don't look funny. The improvement in sociability is dramatic. Wife buys these
too, by the half dozen so there is always one available. My only complaint is
no tone control.