Rich Hampel Rich Hampel is offline

Default Fuel Polishing, in general

A 'DAY' tank is probably the BEST insurance for any fuel system. If
all hell breaks loose upstream (plugged filters, tank violently
'particulating', etc. ... all you have to do is open the vent on the
day tank lock out or isolate the 'trouble' and simply run for several
hours solely on the day tank .... until you can 'sort out' the problem.

My day tank is mounted well above th engine plane so I can still get
fuel oil by gravity feed even if the mechanical lift pump craps out.