posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Chi Chi Chi Chi is offline

Default Teaching a loved one to sail

Trade what in? the wife? :P
" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ups.com...

David Martel wrote:
O'Hara,

Read your "shame and debasement" post and was stunned that you have
failed to train a crew. If you fell overboard everyone might die. I bet
your
wife can cook, drive a car, etc. so why can't she sail? Clearly she is
capable of learning stuff.
Rather than trying to analyze and correct your teaching skills send
your
wife to a school run by someone with a reputation for competence. The
goal
is for her to learn how to sail not for you to learn how to teach.
I'm assuming here that your wife does want to learn how to sail.

Dave M.

I do not sail with my wife much. I mostly sail single handed where I
use a harness. Even with my wife, I wear an auto-inflatable lifejacket
with personal EPIRB. She simply has little desire to sail.

Time to trade it in for a nice power boat. ;-)