Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default Skype 3.0 has LIVE voice chat!

try this.............. your elbo deep in you engine. posted a couple
jpg and now some guy is talking you through your problem. Why is
conference talk useful? Its way faster than posting messages here,
waiting a day or two for info. Simply put insant feedback from a group.

Assuming there's a group (or person) ready and waiting to talk. And an even
bigger assumption about their actually being CORRECT. Instant feedback from
idiots isn't my idea of progress... Of course delayed feedback from idiots
isnt' any better but usenet is what it is... At least there's a chance that
eventually someone with a clue and willingness to communicate it will come
across the thread. For most things I'd much rather have the on-going value
of a thread than an ephemeral voice conversation that's disappeared the
instant it's heard.

It's not about ONE style versus another. There's room for many different
styles of communication.

But then this is nothing new, things like IRC and IM also overlap
newsgroups, mailing lists and the like.