posted to rec.boats.electronics
b393capt b393capt is offline

Default 24v/48v Series/Parallel Switch

CS:

I agree with Andina Marie's answer and extreme cautions. Any reason you
cannot use a 12v charging source ? In addition to finding the ideal
switches (break before make, current, etc), I would think if multiple
switches end up being required to switch from/to parallel mode, adding
a protection layer of numerous fuses would be highly recommended to
protect from the dangers of user error or switch failure.

Dan

CS wrote:
I am looking to make a 24v/48v Series/Parallel Switch so that I can
charge 4 12v batteries at 24v 65A and use them at 48v 200A and wondered
if there was any pointers out there on how to do it - probably with a
few DC contactors.

TVMIA