Peter Peter is offline

Default Skype 3.0 has LIVE voice chat!

Bob wrote:
Peter wrote:
Now I've
got satellite broadband

Way cool ! Is it one of those seagoing type or a DishTV thing?

It's a 1.2m dish on my workshop roof and I can get all the bandwidth I
want to pay for :-(

So you are a machinest? Boy do I have a few questions for you. My skill
level limits me to a file, hacksaw blade, and a drill. Kinda stoneage

Yeah, I have a pretty comprehensive machine shop at home. Ask away or
copy it to my hotmail addy. I check it every week or so.
Rec.crafts.metalworking is a good place to ask machinist type
questions, lotta good people hang out there. The S/N ratio can get a
bit average but a couple filters killing the OT postings makes a
difference.

My wish list is for some cheep highseas broadband. Maybe in 10 years???

One could hope, but there goes the excuse of being out of range. I'm
not sure, on balance, that this is a good thing. I have INMARSAT B,
Iridium & a Fleet77 comms system on my work ship which means that the
office people can track you down anywhere on the planet, and they
*know* you gotta be aboard, so there's no way of avoiding the call.

Think carefully about what you wish for. You might get it.

PDW