posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.building,uk.rec.sailing,uk.rec.boats.motor
Gordon Wedman Gordon Wedman is offline

Default 2 stroke / 4 stroke advice

and don't some of those 2 strokes have fuel-to-oil ratios approaching 100:1
?
Not a lot of pollution there.

"Drew Dalgleish" wrote in message
I love my 4 stroke yamaha for it's clean burning and fuel economy but
it weighs a lot more than my old mercury 2 stroke. I sure wouldn't
want to carry it down a beach. Don't some of the new 2 strokes use
direct injection for lower emissions?

Hi

I am a member of a Scuba diving club and we are investigating replacing
our outboard engines.

We currently have two Zodiac 5m inflatable boats (not RIBs) with 40HP 2
stroke Mariner outboards. These are reaching the end of their lives and
we are looking at replacing them.

With the new legislation coming in we are looking at 2 stroke vs 4
stroke. I am aware that few people use 4 strokes on inflatables and
fewer would manhandle them down beaches removing and replacing them
daily as we do.

Does anyone have any experience of using 4 strokes on inflatable boats
in this way? Are there any implcations to the angle you can carry/store
them?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Anthony Whittaker