Andre foster Andre foster is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw
Hi

I am a member of a Scuba diving club and we are investigating replacing
our outboard engines.

We currently have two Zodiac 5m inflatable boats (not RIBs) with 40HP 2
stroke Mariner outboards. These are reaching the end of their lives and
we are looking at replacing them.

With the new legislation coming in we are looking at 2 stroke vs 4
stroke. I am aware that few people use 4 strokes on inflatables and
fewer would manhandle them down beaches removing and replacing them
daily as we do.

Does anyone have any experience of using 4 strokes on inflatable boats
in this way? Are there any implcations to the angle you can carry/store
them?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Anthony Whittaker
Hello, I'm an outboard mechanic.there's very little difference between the weight of a 2 and 4 stroke motor. Yes, how you store the motor make's a difference.But you can always drain the oil for storage use. Plus, if the motor is relatively in good shape, it doesn't matter how you haul the motor.
Remember the difference it make's to the invironment.
Thank you
andre f.