Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Image stabilized binoculars

What is it that you don't like about the Steiner's? Is
it a paticular model, or Steiner in general.

Twice I've been given Steiners as gifts and twice I returned them.

1) Optics are average by today's standards. I prefer the Fuji's and
even a 300 dollar pair of Orion Savanah's I own are better. The BoatUS
model made by Fujinon is an even match optically for 1/3rd the price.

2) Big problem-Inter-ocular design is poor. The eyepieces are set too
far apart for many users at the closest setting, especially younger
folks and some smaller ladies.

3) Handling is okay for my larger hands (though NOT comfortable), but
my wife found them hard to hold.

4) Finally...I don't like a Binocular without a center-stem focus. It
means constant adjustment for more than one user. With a center focus a
second user can at least get one side quickly focused!

5) With most of these binoculars being weatherproof and rugged, the
Steiner survives on their name more than anything else.

Robert
35s5
NY