Jim Jim is offline

Default Nordic Tug 42 review...

"Eisboch" wrote in message

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:34:33 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

You have to rethink your expectations. Could you comfortably live aboard
the Contender for two or three weeks at a time? Kick back on the couch
and
watch a football game? Take a nooner in a comfortable, air conditioned
stateroom while Mrs. Wave prepares a full course meal in the galley?

Good points all and that's exactly how I need to approach this.

Another issue that I know you have a handle on, but affects most of us
here in the Northeast is dockage for larger boats. At Kingman, where I
am, there are probably 10 times as many slips for 36' and under boats as
there are for boats over 36'. And often, it's not just the length that
makes finding a slip difficult ... it's the beam. In Scituate, the town
slips technically were restricted to boats of 30' or less, but they made
exceptions for some that were bigger as long as the beam was 10' or less.
When you start getting into 15+ foot beams, the availability of slips in
this part of the country starts drying up fast.

Down south, however, a 15' beam boat is a peanut.

Eisboch

A packing peanut ?