Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Nordic Tug 42 review...

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:45:41 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

I'm not against displacement hulls (although the slow boat to China
approach just grates against my psyche) - I'm probably going to have
to adjust my thinking on the subject.

You can get a GB or GB type boat with twins that will cruise at nearly 20
knots.
From what I've read about the GB hull ... and contrary to popular belief ...
it *is* a planing hull ... but has the advantage of a full keel.

Mrs.E's. GB certainly won't plane, but it's a totally different type of
cruising, and surprisingly enjoyable and relaxing. I calculated that I
could almost make it from Cape Cod to southern Florida on one tank of fuel.

The Navigator is a true planing hull, although I often cruised along at
10-12 knots. The nice thing about it is that on plane at it's cruising
speed of 19 kts, it only burns about 25-27 gals per hour which is not bad
for a 52 footer. A Viking, Hatteras or similar of that size and designed for
more speed will typically burn 50 gals or more per hour at cruise.

Eisboch