Larry Larry is offline

Default Skype 3.0 has LIVE voice chat!

"Bob" wrote in news:1164069575.559329.317190
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

try this.............. your elbo deep in you engine. posted a couple
jpg and now some guy is talking you through your problem. Why is
conference talk useful? Its way faster than posting messages here,
waiting a day or two for info. Simply put insant feedback from a group.
Although I guess ya could use a cell phone too. It aint just a usless
hen party gab fest. But for thoes who dont need that tool, so be it.

I have a Russian friend, who is the ISP for his little town....

He called me on Skype to ask what I knew of Russian televisions with
tubes in them. I'm an old electronics technician. He said he had the
schematic and sent a large jpg of it through Skype's file transfer. He
had a rudementary analog multimeter and knew how to use it and already
had the TV apart when he called, confused at its circuits.

Within 20 minutes on Skype, he and I, across the planet from each other,
had found the arcing disc capacitor in his horizontal output amplifier.
He called me back after procuring what I thought would be a suitable
replacement from a ham radio operator he knew to say the picture was the
best he'd ever seen it.....now that the picture tube had all its high
voltage the way it was supposed to be....(c;

Skype is fantastic for such things. You can talk for some things, text
or copy/paste URLs and other non-voice-transferrable items better sent
through a text system and send and receive any files. The cruising
applications anywhere wifi is popping up because of yachties demanding it
makes it a real asset to have aboard...

Skip and I sorted out his M802 just this morning. He called me on Skype,
but I was still asleep so Skype forwarded my call to my cellphone. I
made a few suggestions, then called him back after I could see my
fingers, in focus, and sent him the URL of a webpage with the info he
needed. We chat often on Skype, but when you're able to solve a problem
in realtime with live communications...even if it weren't free...it's
invaluable.

Larry
--
Halloween candy sure has dropped in price, lately!