Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Nordic Tug 42 review...

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:27:42 -0500, Ed wrote:

I own a 48' Ocean which is a great short distance boat for the
fish/cruise/dive crowd that doesn't mind paying $5-7/NM. If you slow
them down to displacement speed you can get there for $3/NM but they
don't take seas great at that speed and you are paying 3x for the power
to go 25kts ++

My wife really wanted a sport fish because she likes the way they
look. We previously owned a Bertram 33 and looked at a bunch of
Berts and Hatts in the 50 to 53 foot size range. It soon became clear
however that none of them had half the living space of our Grand Banks
49, and the sport fish did not have the fuel capacity for long range
cruising.