Dan Krueger

Default Car topping boat

I loaded a 9.9 Yamaha for a friend's wife while he was out of town so she could
get it tuned up for him. It's a heavy motor to say the least.

One thing you have to remember is that you can only lay these four strokes down
on one side or oil will leak. There is a label on the motor that indicates the
correct side for transport.

Dan

Bill Kiene wrote:
Hi All,

I am car topping a 12' boat that is rated for 15hp. I will have the boat on
an Eide electric boat loader on my pickup.

I was wondering what is the largest 4 stroke outboard (in CA) that I can put
in the back of my pickup and then move a few feet to mount on my boat.

I guess I will have to go to the dealer and try to heft those motors?