Ed Ed is offline

Default Nordic Tug 42 review...

Are you sure you know what you want? You are comparing a Viking and a
Hatteras to a Nordic tug????

Viking and Hatteras along with Ocean and Bertram are short distance fast
boats made to eat a 6' chop to fight fish.... A nordic tug (like a
Nordhaven etc) are long distance cruisers with totally different
characteristics.

I own a 48' Ocean which is a great short distance boat for the
fish/cruise/dive crowd that doesn't mind paying $5-7/NM. If you slow
them down to displacement speed you can get there for $3/NM but they
don't take seas great at that speed and you are paying 3x for the power
to go 25kts ++

Once my kids go off to College I will probably downsize and "up sea" to
a 40 Nordhaven and not worry about the time it takes to get somewhere
and not worry if I hit 10'++ seas

You are covering a WIDE range of capabilities.

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:59:15 -0500, DSK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

NO FREAKIN' WAY!!!!

That is one god ugly boat. They look nice in photos, but up close and
personal, uu guh lee...

That's funny. The Nordic Tug 37 is not a bad looking boat.

I didn't care for it at all - not in the least.

.... So far, the Hinckley
has it all over the other boats I've viewed ten times over.

It only cost money, that's all.

Too true.