Stanley Barthfarkle

Default What is your fuel consumption?

5 MPG at WOT ! Wow, there are some RV owners that would like to do that
well at any speed...

This is an educated guess- could be inaccurate, but after several outings
and refilling at the same gas station to a full tank after every outing, it
seems to be about right. I'm using the Hour meter on my electronic compass,
since the engine doesn't have one. The stated GPH rating for this
boat/engine/outdrive/prop combo is a little over 7 GPH at WOT, mine may be
better because I dont reach the 5100 RPM max engine speed due to my
over-pitched prop. Also, the StingRay hydrofoil supposedly improves fuel
economy 10% to 50%.

We skied/tubed for about 2.5 hours Sunday, and puttered around for about 2
more, on a calm lake, and burned less than 14 gallons. 3 adults and 1 dog
plus equipment. I'm not complaining at all...