Stanley Barthfarkle

Default What is your fuel consumption?

BTW- if your Volvo AQ130 is like my AQ125, it isnt 130 hp. My "125" is
actually 105 hp effective. I'll wager that other Volvo engines are similarly
mis-labeled.

"Bob" wrote in message
Dang, how do you get so much speed out of your little Volvo engine? I
have a newly rebuilt AQ130C ( 4 cyl. 130 hp) and it only takes my boat
up to 31 mph at WOT, about 5000 rpm with two adults in it. My boat is
a 17' fiberglass v-hull and weighs about 2000 lbs I would guess, and
has a Volvo 270 outdrive on it.

BTW, it consumes just 3-4 gph at cruise speed (4200 rpm, 27 mph).

Bob

Stanley Barthfarkle wrote:
:1985 Bayliner 1952 cuddy
:18.5' fiberglass 'modified V' hull
:19.5' Length over all
:2200 lbs dry weight
:1985 Volvo Penta AQ125B 4 cyl 105 hp 4 stroke
:1 barrel Solex carb 35 mm
:Volvo Penta 270 Stern drive
:14 X 19 modified SS 3-blade prop (14 X 21 effective)
:StingRay Hydrofoil
:35 mph WOT @ 4800 RPM
:32 mph cruise @ 4400 RPM
:
:Premium unleaded fuel (92 octane)
:4 adults & 1 dog, ski equipment, coolers, etc-
:6-7 gph WOT
:5 gph cruise
:
:
:
:"Matt Lang" wrote in message
. com...
: Guys,
:
: I am thinking about getting a harbercraft jetboat ... these things are
: made from aluminum and have the 175 HP Mercury sportjet..
:
: So far so good ... Now what raises the fuel warning flag are the
: terms:
:
: - jet
: - 2 stroke
: - carburator (two of them
:
: The boat will burn about 5 gallons per hour at 30 mph... now I was
: wondering how this compares to a similar sized fiberglass hboat with
: 115-150 HP 4 Stroke outboard..
:
: What is the fuel you burn at cruise speed and WOT, whats your boat
: size/weight and what motor are you running ..
:
: I am interested in how the relatively light alu jetboat compares to a
: more conventional boat with 4 stroke motor..
:
: Any info is appreciated
:
: