Default ( OT ) Beyond Apologies

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

February 26, 1993 only 36 days after President Clinton took the oath of
office, a bomb detonated in the parking garage of the World Trade

Center.

March 11, 1993 Ramzi Yousef indicted for bombing.

Wednesday February 8, 1995 Ramzi Yousef captured in Pakistan

Thursday November 13, 1997 Ramzi Yousef Found Guilty.

From what I see here, your gung-ho, terrorist fighting pResident is

falling
way behind on his job... It only took the Clinton Administration 13 days

find out who did it, get the indictment and start the search. It took

less
than 2 years to capture the suspect....

Yousef was a soldier for bin Laden. It took Clinton 5 years to even
acknowledge that the first WTC attack was the work of al Qaeda...and
orchestrated by bin Laden.

No, it took the Clinton administration only 4 years to find him guilty....
At the time it was believed that Yousef was fighting for Saddam.... It was
during the investigation and trial that other information was found that put
him into the hands of Al Qaeda

Sorry but this statement is that Saddam reached out to other groups to

build
Ansar al Islam, and that a dead man was one of the men that was brought

in.

Nowhere does it say *when* Saddam began reaching out to Bassam Kanj in

order
to create chaos in the Kurdish region. It sounds to me as if Kanj was one
of the early organizers who helped recruit foreigners to take up jihad in
northeastern Iraq. Later (September 2001), the foreign recruits merged
together into the Ansar-al-Islam terrorist group.

This article was in direct talking of Ansar-al-Islam, and the Saddam Hussein
connection to that said group. Ansar-al-Islam was not started until
September 1, 2001 by your own admission which started this entire thread of
communications between us.

Bush and company needs to build their case that they are doing something

for
America, not for the rich, not for the oil industry but for America as a
whole, and chasing a pipe dream about a man that posed absolutely no

threat
to the American people is not doing a thing for America, except for

ticking
everyone off.

There was a definite link between Saddam and the international terrorist
groups that we now refer to as al Qaeda...dating back to the time period
immediately following the first Gulf War. We've only been sifting through
documents and building a case with hard evidence for about a year now

since
Baghdad fell. You mentioned above that it took Clinton 2 years to build a
case against *one* man. This is a lot more complicated than that. And,
yes, I'm afraid that politics will play a role in the timing of the

report.
Expect to hear a lot more about the Saddam/al Qaeda connection in the

coming
months...

I did not say it took 2 years to build a case, I said it took 13 days to
build a case, get the indictment... It took less than 2 years to capture the
man. It did take 2 years 8 months and 4 days between capture and conviction,
but the courts are known to be slow. You must also take into account that he
was convicted not only on the WTC bombing but also on a plot to blow up 12
aircraft that were to be flying to the USA.

See that is how a proper government works, find the man and convict him
without losing several aircraft and thousands of lives.