posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Shame and debasement

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:20:45 GMT, Don White

Don White wrote:

wrote:
snip..
They tow us to the dock

and I go to pay. By this time I was seriously happy to be off the boat
with my wife so even *the astonishing cost of $480* didn't faze me
much. It was $10/ft for the ungrounding (28' sailboat) and then $165
minimum and a couple other fees.

snip...

Whoo hoo! Around here the Coast Guard...or some friendly boater will
always come to the rescue...for free.

Re-thinking this, I regret posting it. It has me blaming my wife for
my predicament when I had nobody but myslf to blame. If I had
displayed much more confidence and a fun atitude I could probably have
talked my wife into enjoying the overnight grounding. Unfortunately, I
consider sailing to be an excercise in problem solving so I do not sail
for the same reasons she does. I DID invite her. I apologize.

David OHara

Check out this cartoon. I scanned it from a local newspaper.
Seem familiar??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...CreamPuff2.jpg

Thanks, I (we) needed that!

Frank