posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Shame and debasement

Vic Smith wrote:
On 19 Nov 2006 20:53:52 -0800, "
wrote:

Don White wrote:
wrote:
snip..
They tow us to the dock
and I go to pay. By this time I was seriously happy to be off the boat
with my wife so even *the astonishing cost of $480* didn't faze me
much. It was $10/ft for the ungrounding (28' sailboat) and then $165
minimum and a couple other fees.
snip...

Whoo hoo! Around here the Coast Guard...or some friendly boater will
always come to the rescue...for free.

Re-thinking this, I regret posting it. It has me blaming my wife for
my predicament when I had nobody but myslf to blame. If I had
displayed much more confidence and a fun atitude I could probably have
talked my wife into enjoying the overnight grounding. Unfortunately, I
consider sailing to be an excercise in problem solving so I do not sail
for the same reasons she does. I DID invite her. I apologize.

Well, you had me convinced you were right the first time, and now
you've convinced me again. Have you considered sales?
I do like the second convincing more.

--Vic

I think I have gotten too confident in problem solving without taking
into account the human dimension. This is probably why I enjoy single
handed sailing.
The solution would really have been to wait. There was no danger
although it is supposed to hit 30 degrees tonight. With two cell
phones, nobody would have to worry about us. Even if the wind direcion
did not change and I was unable to rig a fuel feed. SOMEBODY would be
coming down that channel on Monday.
I sulked the entire night after it happened cuz it really hurt my
pride. I probably should go make amends.

See ya.