posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Vigilant, Defender, Columbia & the 1890s America's Cups

wrote:
Does anyone have a good online source for information on Vigilant,
Defender, and Columbia, the winners of the 1893, 1895 and 1899
America's Cup races, respectively?

We're putting together a website on yacht racing in the 1890s (as seen
by 19th-century maritime photographer J. S. Johnston) at
http:
www.jsjohnston.org , and we sorely need help identifying and
providing historical and technical information for many of the vessels
from this period. These three were obviously extremely important racing
yachts of this era, but there is surprising little available (or am I
looking in all the wrong places?)

Thanks for any help!

Chris Baer

Very Nice Chris. Thanks for sharing.