Tan PS

Default Engine dies- Putters when trying to plane- engine under under heavy load

Strange problem if it is related to the drive. Hope its not a coincidental
problem that surfaced at the same time.

You mentioned light or no load. Could the drive be the source of the high

Check if the prop shaft spins freely. With the prop in neutral gear, give
it a spin.
With boat on trailer out of water, run it in gear. Look for eccentricity
and listen for funny noises from drive.
Check the oil to be sure there's no damage allow water ingress.

Hope you find nothing. Check the the acceleration jets in the carb.

Ta PS

"Bora Cider" wrote in message
Sorry so much detail. I have a 1993 21.5 Cuddy
(Dynasty) I put a new 4.3 Mercrusier in it with
new carb, new plugs wire,distributor. manifold(s)
intake and exhaust, alpha one gen II drive.

Boat ran fine for about 20 hours use. I hit a
submerged object(dunnage wood I guess underwater)
at a hard idle it bent the aluminum prop up
moderately but did not spin it. Since the
incident when I try to get the boat on plane it
sputters and dies. I cannot think of what to check
as it will idle/start and rev with no problem when
under lite or no load. Does anyone have any
suggestions on what I should be looking for ?
Thanks Kevan