Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Mercury 4 stroke efi outboard

Thanks for getting back to me. It seems like a nice outboard. They have an
extended warranty (making it for 6 years, total) until the end of March.
I've been thinking about getting one before the deadline.
Dave
wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 02:58:12 GMT, "Dave F"
wrote:

Does anyone have the current model Mercury 40 EFI and how do you like it?
Anything good? Any problems? I'm thinking about the gas assist trim model.
Thanks.

I have a 60, same engine (block etc) with bigger throats on the
intake. Not sure about the gas assisted tilt. That may be a little
much to manually tilt but I suppose it works. These things are
sneaking up on 300 pounds wet.
I have about 1600 hours on a 2002 and it is still running great. The
only problem I had was a leaking gasket on the water tube and it was a
known problem with the Big Foot but I think that problem has been
fixed in the manufacturing process by now. Other than that I just
follow the maintenance schedule and it hums along.