Doug Kanter

Default Cuban Boating

"Dave Hall" wrote in message

Dave, you've been shown that the illegal presence of farm workers is an
integral part of our agricultural structure, and you've almost admitted

that
there's nothing we can do about it. It's also been made clear that the
practice of hiring them is not hidden by farmers, which is why farmers

are
willing to discuss the issue, on the record, to reporters. And, the

article
I pointed out to you discussed the fact that some states have laws in

the
works to afford a few more kinds of worker protection for migrants.

But, you still focus on "illegal", even though the food these people

produce
is crucial to the healthy development of your children. Perhaps I'm

overly
suspicious, but all of this leads me to one conclusion. You're a racist.

(Notice no mention of Islam). I focus on illegal, because that's what it
is. What good are established laws, if we routinely look the other way,
when it suits us? What message does this send? There is an established
procedure that one follows when immigrating to this country. Either
follow it or get out. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with any
individual's race or ethnic background.

Dave

This is getting convoluted again, so I'll try and distill what I believe
you're saying. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1) You think it's wrong that migrant workers come here from Latin America
illegally.

2) Although email bulletins allow you to keep tabs on what your legislators
are doing, you do nothing proactive to change the situation with migrant
workers, except complain about it.

3) You happily continue to reap the benefits of having cheap labor from
Latin America, without which you'd either have produce priced 2-4 times
higher, or a selection of produce representing about 25% of what you now
have, particularly in the winter. Probably both.

Is this about right?