posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

"CJH" wrote in message
This thread just keeps on going, and going, and going... I think that I
have found the immediate remedy to my quest. I think that I will join the
Harbor Island Yacht Club. I have a few friends that sail there and all
enjoy it. I'll have access to good instruction and several different
boats. What a better way to start out. I can also buy a small motor boat
for putting around when we go camping to keep the family happy. Win-win.

Sounds reasonable. Nothing quite like the experience and opinions of
experience sailors to help a newcomer along. But bear in mind that a lot of
what you'll hear at the HIYC will be opinions, and opinions are just
that--not facts.

Sounds one hell of a lot like alt.sailing.asa, dunnit?

Small motor boat is a great idea. I have a Boston Whaler Rage (15' jet
drive) as a play boat to fill in on those sultry, windless days when raising
sails for no good reason, etc., is a pain. Only problem is that everyone
else on the dock wants to use it.

Mac . . . er, Max