Larry

Default Radio for Newbies......

A boat dealer at the in-the-water boat show was using Channel 68 from
his booth to his truck and around the boat show. I sat and listened
for a while to find out what boat dealer it was and got a few names.
Obviously this isn't legal. I asked him, nicely, if he would cease
and desist, but he made the mistake of telling me to kiss off. After
all, he was a bigshot boat dealer. He continued to run his business
on Channel 68 that day.

The FCC was very interested in my report of this violation of the
rules. They must have done something because I've never heard him and
his business on the marine VHF band since.....(c;

I guess he didn't tell FCC to kiss off......

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.