Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Algae-X (no "opinions" or hearsay, please, just real-world, first-person) user experience sought

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:19:31 -0500, "Scotty"
wrote:

Just what is it with boat fuel? I've driven over 2 million
miles, over 30 years using 4 trucks and have never been shut
down by dirty filters.
I've had them freeze in Winter.

Good question. I think with boats the problem is large tanks sitting
idle for longer periods of time. Condensation forms, and the
interface between the water and fuel is where the little diesel bugs
seem to thrive. Boats that are frequently used don't seem to have
problems, same with trucks I suspect. Since virtually all diesel
engines recirculate unburned fuel, just running the engines regularly
filters the entire tank.