posted to alt.sailing.asa
Goofball_star_dot_etal Goofball_star_dot_etal is offline

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 03:34:55 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Goofball_star_dot_etal" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:48:01 -0500, DSK wrote:

Positive flotation probably wouldn't be offered by manufacturers
voluntarily.

It already is, by several. Sadler & Etap spring to mind.

http://www.mikelucasyachting.co.uk/story.htm

Interesting reading. It sounds as if the 26 was able to maintain decent
freeboard when flooded, but I'm wondering if the larger boats would do
similarly?

I imagine so but don't know. There is no obvious hint looking inside
that space has been lost to bouyancy. You just get the general
impression that they are proper boats not caravans.

Nice looking boats.

Not bad. In order of most to least pretty I would say 32,34,25,29,26
but they are all quite boaty looking. Most here are bilge keel (drying
harbours) and of average speed but the 34 is a fairly full fin keel
and quite quick. On the 34 we went close-hauled though some biggish
(2-3m) overfalls with the tide behind us at about 9kts SOG like a
knife through butter.. Unfortunately this was too wet for the camera
but earlier and much flatter you get the idea how well it slices
through he
http://www.wareing77.plus.com/movies/Barbadee_video.htm (repeat:-))
If that does not work poke around:
http://www.wareing77.plus.com/movies/ for IMGP0733.xxx
There are a couple of pictures of the 34 in here, I think:
http://www.wareing77.plus.com/images/ but I have lost track of what's
what.
There is a nice pic of a friend's 26 here (jasmin):
http://aberystwythharbour.co.uk/