posted to rec.boats.paddle.touring,ott.rec.canoe-kayak,rec.boats.paddle
Bob Gramann Bob Gramann is offline

Default Heavy anchor for canoe?

Attach some ethafoam flotation to the insides of the canoe along the sides
in the middle (gluing it works). That makes it pretty stable when it's
flooded. After you turn it upright and climb in, you can splash out a lot
of the water with your paddle and paddle that boat into shore (you can still
paddle a swamped boat). No need to leave it.

--Bob G.

"donquijote1954" wrote in message
oups.com...
Howdy!

I'm considering a heavy anchor (perhaps 6.5 lbs or heavier) such that
if --for example-- my partner gets tired in heavy wind I can have the
canoe stay put while she rests. Or if I must abandon the flooded canoe
and swim, I can come back and retrieve it at the same spot the next
day.

What do I need?

Thanks!