posted to rec.boats.paddle
Carey Robson Carey Robson is offline

Default Whitewater Canoes - Buyers guide

You should stick with what you have. No real solo whitewater boat is
designed to carry you, (175), + 100 lbs of gear.

Sincerely,
Carey Robson
www.CanoeBC.ca

"Richard Ferguson" wrote in message
I am still using my Old Town Camper, 15 feet, as both my solo and tandem
boat. I run class II and occasionally III in that boat, solo. I am
still oriented to tripping, so would prefer a boat that I could load up
with 100 pounds of gear, food, and water. Since I have almost zero
experience in real whitewater canoes, I want to avoid the more radical
designs. I would prefer a Royalex boat, something that I could bump and
scrape without damage.