DSK DSK is offline

Default Algae-X (no "opinions" or hearsay, please, just real-world, first-person)user experience sought

"Skip Gundlach" wrote:
What I didn't elaborate upon, as it wasn't relevant to the discussion
at hand, is that I'll have both a fuel polishing (in the usual sense of
the word, but who assigned that label, anyway? Is it bright, now?)

Actually, yes. "Bright" is a technical descriptor for fuel
oils. The opposite of laden with sediment.

system, with a pump running through rather large filters, 30 and
10microns in series, with a vacuum gauge to monitor their condition,
feeding a dual (parallel) Racor setup so in the unlikely event of
fouling once I've finished, I can switch on the fly.

Sounds like a good enough set up, but why not use 2 micron?
Unless you like changing filter elements when you don't have
to, there is no reason for using "big then little" elements.
And to polish the fuel, you should use 2 micron. Fuel
injector pumps are very sensitive critters.

Yet, of course, the first three posts in the topic following mine do
exactly what I'd pleaded not to do - pontificate, hyperbolate, lecture
and otherwise tell me all the reasons it won't work without having done
so themselves.

So I guess you don't want my opinion of whether rubbing
incense on a voodoo doll can cure cancer, either?

In my post, I was countering some of the common false claims
that non-MIL-SPEC equipment is in fact MIL-SPEC'ed.

Wayne.B wrote:
Sorry Skip, but I'm always willing to share what has worked for me,
call it what you will.

Good IMHO.

DSK