David Scheidt David Scheidt is offline

Default Algae-X (no "opinions" or hearsay, please, just real-world, first-person) user experience sought

In rec.boats.cruising Skip Gundlach wrote:

:So, to the point. Who here has installed Algae-X and with what result?
: If positive, neutral or negative, how was that view reached?
:Empirical? Gut feel? Some data? Rigorous documentation?

If it worked, they'd cite a real test, done by an independent lab,
with a large sample size, and an explanation of the method used. They
don't. They cite a bunch of internal stuff, a report commisioned by
them that doesn't really show anything useful, and a bunch of
meaningless other stuff. The fact that they don't show off a good lab
report suggests the reason they don't is that they don't have one to
show off.

:So, again, if you've (or, your best buddy, on whose boat you're a
:regular and intimately familiar with the outcome) installed this, I'd
:like to hear about it.

:At the risk of sounding pedantic (well, I _do_, so, "at the risk of
ffending those who object"), please, no hype, or slams unless you've
:used it to failure. Also, please don't reply unless you're one of the
:folks in the preceding paragraph or asking clarifying questions.
:Nobody will learn anything from that and it will be one of those 90+
:message threads which has only 5 on point. I'm currently very short on
:time and can't afford to wade through the mudslinging...

On the other hand, since it seems like you've decided that you want
one it won't hurt anything but your wallet to buy one.