trainfan1

Default Vehicle for Towing boat

Marshall Banana wrote:
Also Sprach Not:

I think you should re-check the weight. It is hard to believe a 21'
boat + trailer + tare (all the stuff inside including gas) is only
3000 lbs.

I tend to agree.. My pop has a 21' Whaler Outrage center console with a
175 HP Evinrude OB and two 18 gallon fuel tanks, on a galvanized EZ
Loader. Fully fueled, the boat and trailer weigh 3450 lbs on a certified
scale. I would think a 21 foot cuddy cabin with a sterndrive would weigh
more than a 21' center console with an outboard. FYI, he used to tow it
with a Dodge Caravan, which was on it's third transmission when he sold
it. He "upgraded" to a Lexus RX300, which now has mysteriously lost it's
overdrive.

Dan

The RX300 is supposed to be a pretty decent tow vehicle.

Please post back and let us know how he did with the transmission trouble.

Rob