Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default licensed captain requirements?

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...

Matt O'Toole wrote:

Back to captains' licensing, unless you really think you're going to be
taking passengers for hire or doing deliveries, or something else that
actually requires a license, there's probably more reason not to be
licensed.

I've heard that before, but it's unclear to me. Are you any more
culpable if you have a license, but are merely out pleasure sailing,
and something goes wrong?

Not that I'm aware of... if you're out on business and *don't* have a
license, you're in deep sh*t beyond whatever they boarded you for.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com