posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

I have a shore power connection with bat charger. Haven't started cruising
long distances, so I don't need anything more.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Edgar" wrote in message

So you need to have onboard a battery charger operated off shore power?

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
I guess I'm spoiled. 2 minute motor out of the marina, and
I'm sailing!

Scotty

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I think this is a valid point... for me, the whole point

of sailing is the
journey, not the destination so much. On the other hand,

there are places
where the getting there part is not worth much, as the

destination is the
place to sail. Right now, where I keep my boat requires

about 30 minutes of
motoring or more than an hour of sailing to get to the

deep bay, which is
where things are happening. We use the motoring time (if

that's what we
decide to do) to get the boat ready for 20kts wind, crew

preparation,
planning and discussion about the lesson, etc., so it's

not wasted.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message

"JimC" chanted the Mac mantra......

And although you may not think
you need or want it, the large (50 - 70 hp) motor most
M26s have can be
quite handy when you want to motor out to a desired
sailing area without
spending the whole day getting there,

but then again, if you have a decent sailing boat, you'
rather sail back.

Scotty