Frank Frank is offline

Default hunter 34... good advice is where you find it

DSK wrote:
....snip...
A couple of folks did but mostly generic to Hunters, not
specifically directed at the H-34. Note that Frank M. who
had a pretty much unparalleled (AFAIK) experience with a
Hunter 34 and said very little against the boat.

Hi, Doug,

How ya doing?

I could certainly go on at length about the weakensses of the H34; but
anyone who's owned any boat for any length of time could do that for
that particular marque or model.

It is a price-point boat. There are a number of caveats for a potential
buyer.

There is also the fact that you get a lot of bang for the buck. And my
kids preferred the interior to the interior of the C&C 39 we looked at,
which I preferred overall; but when you're living aboard, liveability
hasta count for something.

And how many days out of the year do any of us spend offshore,
especially in harsh conditions? I've crossed the Atlantic and raced in
the Pacific. The worst conditions I ever faced were on this "cheap,"
"crappy" Hunter. She brought us through that and survived Katrina,
Rita, and Wilma.

What else can you ask of a boat?

Frank