Default hunter 34... rescue

"I hope he gets his boat back."

That opens up another parentheses. Not too long ago the maritime
jurisprudence was that if a boat/ship was abandoned at sea it became the
property of anyone who was able to rescue or salvage it. Recent events may
have changed that age old policy?
A few year ago one of my friend's boat sunk during a storm. His insurance
paid him for the same year and model replacement.
However, went if comes to abandonment I do not know how this insurance
company handle the case. If the boat is located it will have to be towed
away to prevent navigation hazard. Then towing, docking and handling will
have to be paid. Then the damage have to be evaluated. If the boat is a
write off it will have to be disposed at a cost. Again I do not know how the
insurance will react?
When my boat got damaged during an hurricane I had to pull teeth, get an
official weather report and debated it with the insurance company before
getting paid.

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

Thanks for your feedback. I will use it in the very near future.

"I hope he gets his boat back.'

I meant that seriously... a lot of boats keep afloat thru unbelievable
weather or other difficulties and are salvaged. We've had a number of
boats come ashore here in NC and some found their way beck to the owners'
hands.

At first we tough he got rescued by a container ship. At supper it was
confirmed that the US Coast Guard did the rescue close to Bermuda.

Glad to hear it's confirmed they are safe.

DSK