DSK DSK is offline

Default hunter 34... good advice is where you find it

well said Dan... more comments

Dan Best wrote:
In the couple of weeks I've been back, I've seen valid comments from
just about everybody as well as some irritating "he's a troll/no he's a
troll" bickering. That, quite frankly, I'd just as soon do without.

Agreed. People who don't have anything better to do can go
over to rec.boats and talk politics.

lot of it seems hang on the questioning of someone's credentials. As
far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. I don't care whether someone
taught the Pardeys everything they know or is just beginning.

Agreed, with the caveat that a rank novice who: 1- tries to
sell goods or services while pretending to give advice and
2- claims credentials he doesn't have... is a person to
avoid. "Capt Rob" or Bobsprit fits both of those to a T.

Good advice is good advice and there are enough people hanging out here
that bad advice will be challenged and fail to be accepted.

Yes but sometimes a lot of people jump on advice that goes
against "conventional wisdom" even when it's actually good
and based on real-world experiences. YMMV

Tell the original poster why you think (don't think) a hunter 34 is a
good offshore boat.

A couple of folks did but mostly generic to Hunters, not
specifically directed at the H-34. Note that Frank M. who
had a pretty much unparalleled (AFAIK) experience with a
Hunter 34 and said very little against the boat.

If you wanna bash each other personally, I'd just
as soon you took it offline.

I would too.

Better yet, trade land addresses so you
can get together and really duke it out.

A couple of the bashers have been known to post other
people's addresses (incorrectly, in at least one case) and
personal info, but are apparently too cowardly to actually
meet in person.

Regards
Doug King