posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

JimC wrote:
Interesting. Because of all the Mac-Bashers on this ng, I know of
none who have actually sailed the 26M.

I guess having seen several of them sailing many times
doesn't count? BTW did you ever substantiate *any* of your
claims abot the differences between the 26X and 26M other
than the hull color & the (cough) rotating mast?

FWIW I have sailed the 26X a couple of times as well as
sailing in company with them amny times over most of a decade.

Jeff wrote:
There was a 26X at my old marina for several years - I even got a bit
friendly with them and had hopes of getting a ride, but in two years I
only saw them out of the slip once.

Frankly I don't understand the "logic" of picking a boat
that makes so many compromises to be trailerable, then
keeping it in a slip.

DSK