posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Google proves MacGregor 26 is flimsy

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
JimC wrote:

Interesting. Because of all the Mac-Bashers on this ng,

I know of none
who have actually sailed the 26M.

There was a 26X at my old marina for several years - I

even got a bit
friendly with them and had hopes of getting a ride, but in

two years I
only saw them out of the slip once. (Curiously, it was

when we were
dashing in to beat a major thunderstorm, and they were

headed out. I
hoped they were actually headed to the local ramp to haul

out.)

I thought my luck would change at my new marina when I

realized there
were two Macs within a few slips. In this case I never

saw the
owners, and to my knowledge, each one only went out once

last summer.

A dock neighbor once commented that he almost always sees my
boat in the slip. He was a weekend warrior, and I usually
go out during the week.

Scotty