Default hunter 34... broker

Just a little before was another Canadian sailboat Magique had to be
abandoned close to Bermuda. It lost its rudder during the height of the
storm and the crew was rescued by the US Coast Guard.

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
A Canadian Navy frigate is presently on its way to rescue another
Canadian Sailboat at about 650 miles south of Yarmouth Nova Scotia. It is
reported that the winds are very strong and the sea rough enough for the
Frigate to use storm tactics and to proceed with caution. One of the
tactics used is to point into the wind with the engine geared at the
proper speed until the worst is over.

I just received this email from close friends who had spent the summer in
Shelburne, and sewed a new dodger for the boat:

News clipping from Canadian Globe and Mail which details the trial of our
friends from Shelburne. Rochelle 4 is the boat we did all the sewing for.

According to our sources they were rolled and dismasted in winds 40-50
SE and seas to 24 ft. Sheila broke her arm in the rollover. The boat
was a 47 ft Erickson, flush deck, 80's era substantial IOR offshore racer.
All are experienced sailors. They had put a lot of work into the boat it
is sad to see them have to leave it but in the circumstances I think it
the correct decision.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

We learned of this as the rescue was happening. Very strange to be
enjoying a nice sail down the Chesapeake while our friends were in a
survival situation.

More later.