posted to rec.boats.building
max camirand max camirand is offline

Default Bombigher vs. Bruce Roberts

If you like the idea of building in steel, Thomas Colvin has some nice
designs. I just finished reading his two-part book, "Steel
Boatbuilding", and while I've never worked with steel outside of
welding class, his instructions seem clear and straightforward. The
books use a "pinky schooner" design as an example. I'm no schooner
expert, but it's a handsome 42-footer, to my eye. His website is:
http://www.thomasecolvin.com/

He's run his own yard and build his own designs, so that's some
guarantee that he thought of the builder when he drew it.

Best of luck on your project.

-Maxime Camirand

snip
P.S. If anyone out there has any recommendations about a designer that
designs "classic" style boats, let me know. While fast is nice it isn't the
most important thing to me. I plan to live on this boat and I would like to
come home every day and be in awe of my own boat moreso than any other boat
in the marina. I guess I have a sentimental heart after all.