posted to rec.boats.building
[email protected] FThoma@aol.com is offline

Default Any Basic Lofting Books For Canoe?

Douglas wrote:
I'm looking for a source to learn real basic lofting to design a canoe.
I'll have to get my ideas onto stations to wood strip the boat.

I have two, "Lofting", by Allan Vaitses, and "Ship and Aircraft Fairing
and Development", by
SS Rable. Both are interesting from a "classical" perspective, where
these things were
done manually on a drafting table. Perhaps you could better spend your
time learning a
simple CAD program, which will certainly be more accurate. The books
are recently reprinted
and should be readily available. In any case, the CAD program probably
uses a lot of the
same algorithms, saving you a lot of T square time.

Frank